The Animation and VFX Industry in India is expected to grow at a greater pace ! ......
Animation and VFX is an indispensable part of films. It is no doubt a good career choice for creative people who want make career in Animation and VFX, graphic design, UI design, 3D animation, 2D animation, game designer, layout artists, concept artist, character designer and many more.The VFX is fast emerging as an indispensable part of film making.
Today, animation has found itself expressive and communicative in various fields like e-education, medical/mechanical information, architecture visualization, web designing and various segments of entertainment such as TV broadcast, animated movies, cartoons, computer games, direct-to-DVD and VFX. Many of these are now being done with the help of computer animation where animated images are generated by using computer graphics.
This practical oriented course trains students in Graphic, 2D-3D Animation & VFX Film making. It covers the complete process of animation film making, from the script to the screen.
Duration - 2 Years, 4 Hours per day
Course Contents - Animation and VFX
Foundation Art & Graphic Design :Principles of Design, Color Theory, Typography, Calligraphy, Principles of Layout, Logo Design & various design layouts,
Artwork Techniques for Print, Web & Electronic Media
Computer Fundamentals, OS and MS-Office
Drawing : Perspectives, Object & Nature drawing, Sketching, Character drawing, Painting Techniques
Image / Photo Editing
2D Digital Animation : Film making – Pre-production, Script reading-writing, Character design, Story boarding, Modeling, Background design, Audio Track. Production – Templates, Staging, Animation Post-production – Mixing & Editing, Final Output
Video Shoot , Short film making and Advanced Audio-Video Editing
Visual Effects – VFX making
Green screen removal techniques
Color correction and camera tracking
Advanced Audio-Video Editing
Introduction to Video Gaming
Introduction to Roto
Uniqueness of the Course
1. Job-oriented, industry centric curriculum
2. Basic to advanced sketching, including perspective, background, organic anatomy, character design and storyboarding
3. Pre-production – Story writing, Script, Storyboarding including Camera angles.
4. Creating 3D environment according to VFX shot and camera handling for shoots
5. Industry workshops every month, which help students to understand what is currently happening in the industry.
6. Practical Workshops on – Script writing, Photo shoot, Video shoot, Drone Video shoot, Chroma shoot, Cinematic, Digital Marketing, Interview skills, Copy right, Law and ethics.
7. Film club for film appreciation
8. Exposure visits and Studio visits – Students are exposed to the work situations and latest trends and developments.
9. Animation Day where students come together and create amazing special effects using Chroma screen and Competitions
10. Live projects – Final Project Development as in the studio environment, students are expected to hit the deadlines set by the Final Project Development schedule.
11. Practical Internship – Assignments by professionals.
12. Placement support and motivation for entrepreneurship
Career Opportunities - Animation, VFX and many more...
Work opportunities for quality animators and related professionals exists in following sectors at large-
Animation film production studios, Cartoon production, Advertising production houses, Online and Print News Media, Film & Television, Television channels,Television production houses, Video Gaming, Gaming companies, E-learning.
As per individual’s strengths, they can work as –
2D Animator, Script writer, 3D Animator, 3D Visualizer, 3D Modeler, Rigging Artist, Texturing Artist, Lighting Artist, Rendering Artist, Storyboard Artist, Graphic Designer, Compositor, Audio-video Editor, VFX Artist, Pre-Viz Artist Roto & Paint Artist, Tracking Artist, Dynamics artist, lighting artist, 3D matte painter,, match-moving artist, 3D tracking artist, and many more….
Animation is a dazzling career option. After finishing the in-house practical oriented training with exposure to leading animation production studio, one can work as a junior animator with salary ranging between Rs.12000 to Rs.18000. After expertise and experience, he/she can surely look forward for promotions and salary anywhere between Rs. 25,000 to Rs.40,000. Those who start own business can explore the opportunities hidden in animation industry up to maximum extent where sky is the limit.